Friday, August 15, 2014

Why hello again

Well it's surely been an awful long time since the last time I was here.

So much has happened this last year. A little over a year ago, we found out that I was unexpectedly expecting a new little baby to our family. I struggled a lot more with this pregnancy than my past physically and in some ways emotionally. I was a little bit angry that we were having another one so soon. Add to that complete disappointment when we learned I was having our third girl. (Until a couple months later, when I saw a post on ridding your bathroom of little boy smell. Oh the memories it conjured from my childhood with two younger brothers, and oh what joy that I will never have to go through that!) Physically, I am really a mess right now. My children were all born very close together. I was pregnant at each of their first birthdays even. Unfortunately that took a huge toll on my body. I'm trying to stay positive right now even though it can be difficult sometimes. I've had a lot of limits placed on my body due to sacroiliac and pelvic dysfunction, which in turn has made it so that I can't enjoy a lot of activities I used to do. I am working very hard at getting back into my photography again to help fill some of the disappointment that I am not able to ride my horses right now, but I'm also working really hard on getting back to that point.

Four months ago today, I gave my first kisses to the sweetest, most adorable little girl. She has changed my life in so many ways. I'm trying to learn to be patient with my body, which can be difficult as I am sometimes in a great deal of pain and it can be difficult to do even some tasks that should be a breeze. But it is getting better. I'm getting back into my photography and learning new things again- like this last week, I really poured myself into working on black and white conversions. I was getting so tired of it just being boring when I tried a conversion. So I am practicing and they are getting so much better.

I think I am going to start posting about other things too. Not just photos. If I can even update my blog once in a while.

But anyways, I guess it's just teasing if I post about this beautiful baby I have the wonderful privilege of knowing, and these black and white photos I am working on. So here are just a few. And yes, as you can see, Gwen still has her super crazy curly hair. Fortunately she is ok with it being kept short. Addy's hair is the complete opposite. It is so thick and full and straight and TAME. I guess will see how baby Bethany's turns out.




No comments:

Post a Comment